You finally see the light at the end of the cold, long winter tunnel. At last, spring will officially grace us with its presence on March 20. That means, the days will be getting longer, the sun will hopefully be making an appearance, and it’s time to come out of hibernation. That also means, it’s time to do some spring cleaning and freshen up your living space.
Here are 6 super easy and budget-friendly ways to breathe life back into your home this season.
- Buy a new rug. Your rug can really tie a room together and change its overall appearance. Get a rug in a lighter or brighter color, or find something with a pattern to give your living room a boost. Also, consider adding a new rug to the hallway, kitchen, or dining room for a fresh look. You don’t necessarily have to shell out the big bucks either. Check out RugsUSA.com, Overstock.com, or even your local discount home décor store.
- Rearrange or swap out photos. Another simple solution to making your home feel like new, update the photos you currently have in picture frames or even just move them around to different tables and walls around the house. New frames are fun to add to the mix too, and don’t cost a lot (check out Target).
- Get houseplants. Add some literal life to your home with fresh, green spring plants. Sure, they’re great in the garden this time of year, but they’ll also bring a vibrant green color and cleansing energy throughout your home – in the living room, kitchen, and even the bathroom. Don’t have a green thumb? No worries, fake plants are looking more and more realistic these days (no one will ever know).
- Organize. Another easy way to make your home feel like new again – declutter and get organized. Focus on the areas of the house that tend to get messy (makeup drawer, playroom, closets, desk drawers). Toss the stuff you don’t need and get some boxes, storage containers, and shelves to neatly store everything else.
- Add new bedding, curtains, or pillows. One little change or addition can make a big difference in a room. Mix things up with a new bedding set or bright, cheerful window treatments. A few throw pillows are the perfect way to add a pop of color on your sofa or bed too.
- Paint. You would be amazed to see what a difference a coat of paint can do to a room in your home. Even if you aren’t interested in painting all the walls, maybe just paint some cabinets in the bathroom or kitchen, or even the front door. You could take it a step further and switch out the drawer and cabinet hardware for a revamped look.
Welcome the season of renewal with a renewed look in your home. Brightening up your living space for spring will definitely help brighten your mood too.